Saturday, 27 October 2007

A post I hoped I would never have to make...

...but looks like I do.

Today I have lost my ride on Wilastra - a lovely mare I have been riding since August. The full story is on here - The End.
As she is stabled on the same yard as Bobby, I also lost a ride on him.

I learnt about it this morning so I don't have a good plan as to what to do next just yet. I came up with a few ideas but I will write about it in a due course. I noticed that whenever I praise something up front then everything goes upside down!
I don't think I will take on another young horse this year. I get attached too much to the horses I ride and I need time now to find an arrangement of which I will be as sure as possible.

Sad,sad day.

On a cheerful side:
It's my Name Day (a funny name celebration day; traditional in some countries but not in the UK) on Monday but since I was far from a happy bunny in the morning Ricky gave me prezzies today. First, he gave me flowers - second time in about three years. I just had to make a note about it! They are lovely, purple colour. I don't even have a proper vase for them (since I barely ever get any flowers). I moved all the books, papers, notes etc from my desk to celebrate the presence of them. Ricky said that maybe he should give me flowers more often if that made me tidy up my desk...;)
Second, he gave me a lovely neck support pillow - I woke up today with the most horrid neck muscles pain (I do get it sometimes as I seem to sleep in some weird fashion).

.......................................................................................................................................................................

I shall do some serious 'back up plan' thinking over the weekend and will be back with some updates soon.
Share:
Post a Comment
© Riding Instructor's Diary | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig