HorseRadioNetwork sent me the below info today (my interview is at the end of the podcast - you can listen to it by clicking on the icons at the bottom of this post):
Veterinarian news dominates this week's show with cloning leading to a lively discussion. Also, we go international with a discussion with the British instructor of the Freelance Instructors Diary.
Stable Scoop Episode 8 - Show Notes and Links:
- Ohio State Veterinarian James Belknap, DVM, MS, PhD, Dipl. ACVS has been awarded the annual Equine Veterinary Journal Open Award for 2007 for his work as senior author of a paper published in the Equine Veterinary Journal. More...
- For more laminitis information from Belknap see the free Webinar on Understanding Laminitis.
- The Equine Disaster Relief Fund, administered by the American Association of Equine Practitioners Foundation is asking for donations.
- Keeping up with the latest scientific discoveries about horses has just gotten easier with launching of the Horse Science News website at www.HorseScienceNews.com.
- Horses have been blamed for scattering unwanted weeds across the landscape as they travel down public trails. This accusation has now been scientifically investigated. The results reassure trail riders that horses in the United States are not guilty as charged.
- The University of Pennsylvania School of Veterinary Medicine has announced a deadline of Monday, Dec. 1, for nominations for its prestigious World Leadership in Animal Health Award. Nominate your vet now...
- Keeping your business going in hard economic times: Think outside the box...
- Two clones announced. Clone of Calvaro 5. Clone of Gem Twist. Follow these links to see the pictures.
- Finally we speak with Wiola from the Freelance Instructors Diary. Wiola is a rider/instructor in England who runs three webs sites and works to help instructors pass their British instructors licenses. She also can be found at EquestrianCoach.co.uk.