Thursday 1 July 2010

If all goes as it does I will need more motivational books than even Foyles can sell...

I should be packing for our departure to Cheshire now but I'm so tired I'd rather just waffle and update this blog ;) Tired seems to describe my general state of being recently. I wake up tired, work tired, eat tired and go to sleep tired. I *know* it's not good, believe me I do and I am perfectly capable of giving myself a telling-off pep talk. I then go off and get tired some more.
As you can guess this post is just a lot of tired waffle so you might want to wait for the next one to read any proper update on more interesting things.

Perhaps those of you who compete their horses and really love it can understand me here...I might not be competing but getting the Academy project off the ground feels like awaiting a big show. I know I should be resting and all but everything is just too overwhelming and over-absorbing (is this a word?). I can't mentally relax for all the ideas and "to do things" that play football inside my head.

To make things "better" I gave myself an enormous muscle spasm in the neck today. I took a group of beginners out and spent almost two hours with my head the wrong way round. It's no wonder that horses look lame and neurologically unsound if they have any muscle problems in the neck...
Amazingly, I taught a child in the evening whose mother is a Sports Massage Therapist (human ;) - OK, one lucky dip here! - so got a few tips on how to go about my new spasm friend. I'm therefore sitting here trying to drink lots of water, heat patch plastered on my neck and gentle stretches from time to time. I hope it goes by Saturday as I have to wear a dress and heels and I am not spending my second Sunday off this year with pain in the neck AND feet!

So this is all this post is about. Tired and quite sad, missing my family and...did I mention tired?
I'm hoping the next few days will revive me somewhat but the laptop is coming with me so I can finally finish the website content marathon.

Ricky's just announced my bath is ready so off I go. Speak soon!

This is how my evenings look like right now: video making, images choosing, txt choosing etcetera...
Share:

3 comments

Anonymous said...

Hi Wiola! Debi here. Do you wake in the morning and wistfully look forward to when you can actually call it quits? How was your wedding? My son was married on Saturday, HUGE do, five attendants each, totally Scots, kilts and tartans and bagpipes! You will see the humor in this...Scottish wedding in Canada in a town called Killarney, kid you not!
Teaching going well at this end, tons of rain and now we have mosquitos, do you have these nasty little vampires? Had a pony with iffy slight recurring lamness, had x-rays done and she has navicular. Have her on a new drug, not approved for horses but has had great success. Vet said they eat it right out of your hand. Well, the pony took one sniff and said no thank-you, don't eat meat! The pills are beef flavored, smell quite strong, so I am crushing and mixing with applesauce, every other day, but she is totally sound and doing recovery therapy now. She is 19 and we do want to keep her as happy as possible, just an absolute dear.Ever thought of adding a rearview mirror to your helmet when hacking out with the young set? Talk soon, remember to breathe ;)
Debi xx

Clint Cora, Speaker/Author said...

We all need motivation in whatever field or interest we are in whether horses or any other area. So motivational books certainly do help.

Unknown said...

Hello Debi! Thank you for your message! I'm not great with keeping up to date at the moment as spending every waking hour either working or working ;)
Ah, Scottish wedding - sounds fun! There was no kilts or bagpipes on the one we went too but we had a lovely time :) The hotel they booked a room for us in was really nice and we had a whirlpool bath in which I spent considerable amount of time!! It did wonders to my neck and back but it's still not totally fine. I know it's the 7 day week that does it really as I have no time to rest any aches and pains.
I WILL change this next month but will have to plough on throughout July.
So close to sending the website LIVE, can't wait as it means I will be able to sleep again.

Great news on your navicular pony! I hope we will be able to say the same about Kingsley...

No mosquito here BUT plenty of other biting, blood sucking varieties of midges and the likes. I'm being eaten alive every time we hack out - and that's a lot of the time as it's just too hot to school in the arena. Not that I'm complaining about the warm weather (but the grass is!).

Speak soon! Xxx

© Riding Instructor's Diary | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig