Saturday 11 July 2015

Day 192: Another year on with a difference and aristocratic problems

Left: 11th July 2015. Right: 28th July 2014
Today, as I give Gary his first ever lesson on his very own horse (Jasper is a proper family affair: catch up here on the full story) I wonder, if a year ago when he joined my Start Programme following his daughter's and wife's fascination with horses, he had a slightest idea what he was getting himself into ;)

Great lessons today, really happy with my riders and their improvements.

The only issue I have is that my feet think they were born to lead aristocratic life! I tell them every day that it is with some regret that I have to inform them this is not the case! If they just complied and be happy in lower range price of footwear and didn't require much care, that would be ideal, please.
I have no budget for soft leather sandals and some fancy soft trainers, lightweight Ariats or the likes which they seem to perform best in! I tell them to stop throwing sore tantrums because sports-cooling-special- socks are not coming their way and that they have to make due with bog standard ones.
We've been having this conversation on and off recently even though one would hope that a few decades of certain lifestyle would make them realise there shall be no upper class treatments here ;)

They ignore me repeatedly so I might have to give in and save up for some Ariats!

Wx
Share:

No comments

© Riding Instructor's Diary | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig