Thursday 4 February 2010

Feels Good!

Now that I'm 1,618 weeks old I feel like I should grow up and get myself a proper job, stop shovelling horse poo, wear jodphurs 12 hours a day 7 days a week, talk nonsense to horses while grooming them; time to go and earn some good salary, buy a house and a car.

Pic.: Peacock waiting for me to decide whether to share my food ;) Walkies in Holland Park.

OK, that was a joke ;) The truth is I feel very much committed and determined to carry on my play with life.
The only good thing I see with the growing up malarkey is that it's easier for me to make decisions that just has to be made. Easier does not mean easy. I am a creature of habit and as much as I like variety I am not necessarily that keen on big changes. There is a lot of things I like about current status quo. One thing I don't like about it is that, in my book, I have to feel I am going forwards. At the moment too many things are stagnant and need a bit of a kick.

It feels good to be OK with that. Math has never been my strength and as a result a lot of numbers don't up up here. I decided to make a bit on an effort and make friends with the theory of Making The Ends Meet. The next couple of months will certainly bring some changes and I will blog about them as and when.

Kingsley was a super star today. Relatively speaking. There are very subtle changes for the better that I can feel in him everyday but in comparison to a sound horse he is still very much a rehabilitation in progress.
Share:

2 comments

Anonymous said...

I admire your life's progress from afar, and cheer you on, if only by computer! You're an inspiration to all of us!

English Rider said...

Cute post. Let us know how you get on with solving the problem of ends meeting. It sounds like a yoga challenge:)

© Riding Instructor's Diary | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig