Wednesday 30 December 2009

The Very Last Wednesday of 2009

Main Entry: soaked
Part of Speech: adjective
Definition: saturated

Synonyms:

dank, drenched, dripping, drowned, soaking, sodden, soggy, sopping, soppy, soused, water-logged, wet, wringing-wet
Another day that can only be described as per words above. I've decided to ignore the fact my clothes are permanently soaked and you know, if you keep busy you can just about assume the sogginess is a normal state of affairs.
It's a messy time around horses. If you think about career in equine industry you are better off waiting till the warm, dry spring days. It won't delete the drenched days of winter but will at least make for an enjoyable beginner stage.

Kingsley is doing well so far playing with his fieldmates in the mud. I am starting the walking under the saddle tomorrow.

Speaking of walking - I've initiated my new beat-the-delayed-transport plan...not sure how long it will last but I am determined to keep it up. It, however, means 30 minutes walk from station to the yard in the morning and 30 minutes of same walk in the evening after whole day on my feet. Hmmm.
On the plus side, it will certainly keep me fit[er] (not doing nearly as much riding as I would like due to the weather and short days so walking fast will have to do for my cardio workout ;). It skips on lengthy waiting for the bus to come and enduring it stopping at every bush and getting stuck in traffic. And it saves me good few £ a day.

Any waterproof clothing producer fancy sponsoring a drenched riding instructor?...
Share:

2 comments

Alison said...

Hi Wiola, Just had a though- why not email Mountain Horse or Drizabone or Musto? I'm sure sponsorship of a coat would be forthcoming- you could offer to trial/ feedback on product could you talk to your local tack shop and so forth? I am sure you could market the idea and stay a bit drier?? Happy New Year!! Alison

Unknown said...

Hello Alison, do you think? I will give it a go and let you know what they said :)
Happy 2010 to you and all the horses! Hope next season brings you lots of successes with your gang!
Wiola

© Riding Instructor's Diary | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig