Wednesday 10 March 2010

I'm going to Work Over The Back Myself Soon!


All is going really well at the moment, I am developing fabulous back muscles and core muscles from constant shivering in the cold! A little bit more of the chill and I will be able to work over the back myself.
Lots of layers and my super heated jacket are keeping me sane, that and looking at exotic photographs ;)

Aspire Equestrian project is moving forwards step by step each day. I had a chat with another centre today which is located in Berkshire and will be one of the main venues; all is looking very exciting. There is still a lot to do and sometimes I would just want to go to sleep and have it all done and ready. On the other hand it's rewarding to go through it and tick each step off. When it gets tough I just look at each day as it goes and try not to think about the amount of issues still left to be sorted out.

Meeting all the various riding centres and yards made me more aware of the variety of obstacles we might have to deal with. Academy is very much focused on quality and it might go against the grain at places that are specifically "commercially" minded. I had to give up on a very interesting yard after a meeting with the manager as although our main goals were similar, agreeing to the yard's policies would mean compromising on many core philosophies the Academy carries.

Thankfully, there are some lovely venues taking part and I just can't wait to show the finished product to you all :)

Kingsley had new set of front shoes put on yesterday. I will sit on him on Friday to see how he feels, then a big day on Monday the 15th with vet and physio reassessing his future...
Share:

3 comments

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're working very hard - but it also sounds very exciting - wish I were in your part of the world to take part!

Anonymous said...

Debi here...Your project sounds very organized, nust feel good somewhere through the exhaustion. How do you run an acadamy out of others yards? Running my own yard makes the thought intriguing and confusing. I am in the middle of putting out this years brochures. Up at 4, into the office, yards at 5, leave for work at 7(off yard pay type work;() back at 4, office till 6 or so, yards till 8 back to office, fall asleep watching news and start over at 4...still waiting for the web site to be up, got all that delivered last week sunday. We do this because we love horses..right???

Unknown said...

Kate - you are always welcome to come along if you are ever anywhere near :)

Debi - I'm a very chaotic person really so have to organise everything or I would never have anything done ;)
I will run the Academy from various yards as some of the courses can be taken as monthly 'clinics'. I also try to build a coaching network with other instructors so I am approaching the venues that are in those instructors' area so they can run the Academy's courses from there.
The idea is to join forces and create something interesting.
It's all very exciting but there are days when I asked myself whether I haven't gone mad and I only dream about quiet evening with a book!
I hope you will get there with your yard too, I still have lots of promo materials to produce.
W.x

© Riding Instructor's Diary | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig