Wednesday 19 May 2010

Deciding on future continues





























One more day of work tomorrow and then off to a weekend in Wales with Ricky. I really can't wait. No jodphur boots for 2 days and a total rest to switch a light bulb on...
I would like to thank you to those who read my yesterday's post and commented either on here or via Facebook messages. I don't know anybody who is truly doing what I am doing with no real back up so it's a bit like blind leading the blind. Therefore writing it all down and "thinking aloud" is what is very helpful and makes it all more realistic.
I thankfully have a lot of moral support to drive me on :)

Speak soon and once again, thank you for sharing your views. It's all being taken in and I will be pondering further strolling along Welsh beaches!
Share:

2 comments

Anonymous said...

Hi there Wiola...Debi here. Ah yes the 8 day week dilemma! I have no t had time to read your blog for the sheer business of own life, so just read your time and space issues now. I like the option three myself. Can you find a yard to lease at all, perhaps with a few other trainers or insrtuctors? That would be my choice for you. Have a home base where you go out in the morning and do the horses and have the riders come to you. If they have their own horses maybe a haul-in discount? I as you know am still working off yard full time 6:30 am to 2:30 pm and teaching evenings, as well as doing all the yard work, twice a d ay every day, and it is daunting. Several times a day I ask if this is really worth it, and then I have a darling student, she is 10 just turned who studies during the week and tries so so hard. She pops out of their car and when I ask how her week has been says 'it felt like a MONTH!' Ask yourself..If I won the lottery, what would I do? And begin to menatlly take things away from yourself and see where you balk. Say, imagine you can never have tea again, would you give up riding to have tea? That is just an example but you can see where I am going with this. Sometimes we do what we think we want but are more than ready to give up if needed to. Be happy, I hear you talking about the frustration of not being able to compete, so....my suggesation from across the pond is to do all in your power to compete. I used to compete, because I thought all riders should, and I thought I enjoyed it but turns out I do not. I love to take riders to shows, I love to have horses made enough to be shown, but not me. Go figure. Talk about a long winded ramble!?! Hope you are enjoying your holiday, sleep in for me will you? Talk soon.

pa-ta-taj said...

Cześć, Wiolu!

Dziękuję za komentarz! Bardzo miło usłyszeć, że idziemy w dobrym kierunku od trenera! :) Bajka jest bardzo zdolna i ma talent. Uczymy się od siebie nawzajem, ja sama mam jeszcze bardzo mało doświadczenia.

Pozdrawiam serdecznie i również życzę wielu sukcesów w siodle!
Obiecuję często odwiedzać Twój blog :)

Jagoda

© Riding Instructor's Diary | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig