Thursday 28 February 2008

The outcome of the interview

Well, I won't keep you waiting with lengthy stories - I got offered the job and happily accepted it there and then as everything was exactly as I wanted it to be :)
From the 13th of March I will join the Instructors team at Hall-Place Equestrian Centre.

I thoroughly enjoyed meeting the team and the horses (and oh-my-god they have The most enormous stable cats on the planet! I will just have to take a picture for you to believe but they are absolutely humongous).
My ridden test was quite exciting. I expected some half-asleep riding centre ponio but got this big bay ex-advanced eventer (whose riders included the famous L. Law). The horse was in a very bouncy mood and it took me a few minutes to curb his exuberance; in the end he softened, let me put my legs on without shooting away and produced some lovely work. His canter was amazing, I could just imagine him cruising on a cross country course as if he could go on forever.

From what I gather most of the horses and ponies are pretty well schooled, used for BHS exams up to Stage IV, ABRS exams and very frequent in-house dressage and show-jumping shows (which apparently I can also compete in free of charge :).
My teaching is to include some staff lessons which I am very happy about as the career teaching is what interests me the most.
The best advantage of all is that I will receive free training to BHSI, opportunity to ride variety of horses and teach variety of clients from intermediate to advanced.

All in all, a great day and I am very excited about this new challenge.
Share:

10 comments

Beckz said...

That is so cool. I'm so glad for you, sounds like an amazing oppertunity

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! That sounds like an awesome situation for you ... and way better than sitting behind a desk. Does this mean this is no longer a "freelance" instructor's diary?

Unknown said...

Thank you both!
Jackie - the job at hall-Place will be on freelance contract basis so 'Freelance Diary' still stands :)
And I agree, way better than desk job. I did think about going back to an office but realised that it would not take me anywhere. I want to go go all the way with my coaching career so shouldn't really waste my time on sorting out someone else's paperwork :)

Rising Rainbow said...

Congratulations! I can't wait to see pics of the cats but even more pics of the horses! How cool is this! What an adventure you're going to be on.

Anonymous said...

That's great! you look to have found a great place where to work and train... well done, congratulations!
I'm so happy for you!!!
:) Mak

Unknown said...

Thanks Mak :) Hope your young jumper takes you for a good journey too and hope to see you soon!xx

Unknown said...

Rising Rainbow - I shall make sure to snap the surroundings and horses for sure :)

Dressage Mom said...

Well done! How fantastic to have an instructors job and still be able to teach as you wish on the side.

I hope it works out for you and that you love it immensely!

Unknown said...

Thank you :) I am very excited about the whole idea of teaching full-time (whether it being privately or for the centres) and I hope to challenge my skills more than ever!

Lasell Jaretzki Bartlett said...

Congratulations! It sounds like a challenging and rewarding job. I, too, wait to see pics of these huge cats! Maybe your training will include them? *g*

© Riding Instructor's Diary | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig