Monday 17 December 2007

Reading this week - NLP in Sports Psychology

Since almost every rider comes with an individual set of different learning styles I like to read up on variety of teaching methods. One of my riders has recently been prizing the NLP (neurolinguistic programming).
I came across it some time ago when reading Mary Wanless's books but didn't really research it any further then. Neuro-linguistic programming (NLP) is an interpersonal communication model and an alternative approach to psychoteraphy based on the subjective study of language, communication and personal change.

On Sunday during my lunch hour I spotted a book in the office and decided to borrow it and am reading it this week.

The book:



The content is very interesting to read and all the concepts are simplified and made easily digestible. I started digging a little on the subject and I must say I was surprised to find quite a well of information.
If you would like to have a browse through the book click HERE.
What I found especially engaging was how NLP enhances sports performances. Click at the image below and have a read; who knows, you may benefit from the NLP :)

Share:

No comments

© Riding Instructor's Diary | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig