Saturday 12 July 2008

The links of London

The transport at the weekends is ridiculously disrupted. I am finding myself on various buses hoping to get places on time. Sometimes I manage sometimes I don't. It's frustrating.
I wonder how long am I going to tolerate London's unhorsiness (I know it's not a word but you know what I mean). In the same time, I grew to like so many little places around where I live. There is some charm to it and you can just walk for 10 minutes from my door and get lost in a bird chatter (especially if you have my spatial awareness ;), the world of nutty grey squirrels, the peacocks, the little black rabbits. It's a classic love and hate relationship that I have with this city!
The best thing is to escape London each morning. Step out of the train miles away. Breathe in the fresh air mixed with the smell of horses.
And sometimes the best thing is to come back to the city's vibrant being in the evening.

I think I am being philosophical tonight ;)

On an equine note, I am desperately missing riding. Everyone has some sort of life-drug they need: chocolate, alcohol, sleep, lazy mornings, adrenaline, pub evenings...you name it...I have riding. My days are filled with so many teaching hours I no longer have time for my own training. In the last three weeks I rode twice.
There will be work decisions to make very soon...
Share:

4 comments

Rising Rainbow said...

I need to ride to keep me going. With Lindsay's injury I'm not getting to ride either and I'm getting pretty crabby already.

Suzie said...

I find it amazing how much my riding governs my mood. If I have had a bad session schooling Echo or we have had a battle, it can sometimes put me in a bad mood for the rest of the day. When she's gone well - I'm on top of the world. I know this isn't what you want to hear, as riding at all would be good, but I'm sure something great will come up soon. :)

Unknown said...

MiKael - hope Lindsay feels better soon!
Echo - sounds familiar!;) I can move mountains after a good session or similarly be in a deep "depression" after a bad one.
I just can't imagine life without riding!

Anonymous said...

That's so true for me too. Sometimes I can be heading to the riding school grumpy or fed up after a long day at work. But when I leave I'm practically walking on air.
I'm amazed that even if I'm really tired beforehand, charging around on a hourse for an hour or so can actually give me MORE energy!

© Riding Instructor's Diary | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig