Wednesday 25 February 2015

Day 56: Balance

Rising trot  - the skill I work on a lot in many riders. It seems like such an elementary part of basic riding lessons yet there are many riders who ride out of balance in rising trot for years and struggle with many related issues. They have various parts of their body corrected during lessons but those corrections never last because the overall balance in rising trot is compromised.
If you have problems with hands or legs behaving badly - scrutinise your rising trot and overall balance of your seat...

Double lessons today ;) 
How lovely is this dog's trot, heh? ;)

As a side note, a friend of mine sent me a funny email today listing various products that have sugar in them. The reason it was rather funny was that they were pretty much all my favourite things to eat including fruit. It's OK, however, because I do not plan to kill all sugars out of my diet. I am only attempting to cut on added sugars i.e. those that were not initially in a product but got added to it by manufacturers/food makers.

If you buy a Mars bar you know you are eating a week supply of sugar but if you buy porridge you would hope nobody sprinkled sugar in it. Yet it happens and that's the kind of sugars I don't want.

I am not sure how much of an activity I will put on here in the next few days because I agreed to help a friend of mine with doing her 30 odd stable yard...I can already feel the ache ;)

Thank you for your feedback on Google comments - I will test them for a few more weeks and see how it goes. I also sometimes see them sometimes I don't.

Share:

No comments

© Riding Instructor's Diary | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig