Friday 14 November 2008

In peace

I haven't had a day like today for good several months - by this I mean a day when I have a house to myself and time which is just totally mine to do what I please with.
This considering I decided to just truly sit down and think through all the options for the end of this year, evaluate what I managed to get done so far and what still needs doing. Since late summer, when I decided to restructure my working week, I've spent ages looking for various jobs that would fit with one I want to keep for now but to no avail. I even looked for full-time jobs that might suit me and that would go hand in hand with my overall career plan - all equine related of course but nothing seemed 'just right'. I've started to feel lost in those hectic proceedings and although I kept going I didn't really feel in peace with it. Somewhere on the way I have forgotten that life is what happens when you make other plans; that my life just seems to organise itself best if I don't interfere too much. Fair enough, I do need to steer a bit now and then but I should know better not to over direct myself. I do know where I am going which I guess is the most important thing.

So after having a very me-day with lots of me-time today I came to the conclusion I am going to leave things as they are until Christmas when I will think about my further plans once again.
I am now going to focus on my Stage IV Care exam which I am taking on the 1st of December - keep your fingers crossed!
I also got asked to take over organisation of a Pony Club at one of the places I work at so am having fun thinking about ways to improve the activities ;) - if anyone has any bright ideas on how to make a pony club centre work best feel free to email me at ridinginstructor at gmail dot com.

And I shall do a lot of horse hunting too...........:)

.......................................................................................................................................................

"Life's splendor forever lies in wait about each one of us in all its fullness, but veiled from view, deep down, invisible, far off. It is there, though, not hostile, not reluctant, not deaf. If you summon it by the right word, by its right name, it will come." [Franz Kafka]
Share:

No comments

© Riding Instructor's Diary | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig