Monday 10 November 2008

Family and friends

I received a little gift from my mum today - it's a calendar and she wrote something on the second page which made me cry. Not because it's something sad as such but because she knows me so well...

I'm going over to see my family soon which makes me think a lot about this situation. Some say, if there is no solution there is no problem...
I am sorry if this post will be a bit cryptic but writing has always been my antidote... I know that some of you are in a similar situation I am in and it's our choice. And yet, I cannot stop feeling guilty for leaving my family behind and so far away and am missing seeing my friends back there too (those I know I can call at 4am and they don't think about killing me for it ;).
The Catch 22 is that I don't want to go back permanently so I feel in constant battle in between myself following my dreams and the family-person-me (if that makes sense at all).

It's not all as bad as I probably make it sound; over the years I have met some great people here too and a couple that would probably also answer that 4am phone call...
But...if you are in my situation I am sure you know what I am talking about...
Share:

2 comments

Daun said...

Wiola, you rock in so many ways! Even though you've never called me at 4 am, I would totally take the call, because that would be, let's see, 11 pm my time, which is just fine. :)

Best of luck and enjoy your family!

Unknown said...

Haha - thank you Daun, I'm not having the best of days today and that 11 pm remark made me smile ;)

© Riding Instructor's Diary | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig