Saturday 8 November 2008

Your Horse Live 2008

Pic. The Horse Inside Out stand

I must say it was a lovely half-weekend I have just had. A friend of mine invited me to stay over so I got to totally escape from London for a couple of days; on Friday I had a chance to ride her lovely 4 year old that I could sit on all day if poor animal accepted such extravagance ;)) He is a fantastic youngster and I'm pretty sure he will do rather well with her in the future.

Then, courtesy of someone (thank you S.B.!!!) who couldn't go to Your Horse Live this year I ended up with free tickets and decided to have a look at the event.
It was certainly worth going but I was incredibly NOT IMPRESSED with the Derby House stand! I had won their vouchers a few weeks ago and was looking forward to exchanging them for some goodies for myself BUT the only products on Derby House stand consisted of the completely unnecessary pinkness of their new Katie Price collection and some rug sale. Very disappointed.

Anyway, onto the demos - Mary King was enjoyable as always but very basic which would be fine should she have ridden a young horse in her 'training young horse over indoor cross country fences' demo. Instead, she rode her Hong-Kong (Olympics 2008) ride Call Again Cavalier...It was really great to see them but not necessarily very educational.
What I enjoyed the most was Carl Hester's demonstrations, the teaching one in the morning which we caught a glimpse of and then ridden one in the afternoon. He always seems to be able to pass things on in a clear and simple way that you can take with you and which stay in your memory.
Great day all in all though :)

The Event in pictures and on videos

Some blurry pics of Mary King and Call Again Cavalier discussing the jumping of narrow fences

...................................................

.......................................

Carl Hester's Demo
......................................

..........................................

Share:

No comments

© Riding Instructor's Diary | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig