Sunday 26 July 2009

Grab a nice cup of tea, grab some biscuits and sit comfortably - long catch up post ahead ;)


The week...
has been a case of being hit by an after effect of the last few weeks of working during days and revising to the exam at nights. Once it was over it was as if someone poked the balloon that kept me afloat. It's a common knowledge, you can't catch up with lost sleep by staying in bed until midday on your day off. What's gone it's gone and it will get you sooner or later.
So I've been struggling indeed, feeling very sleepy during a day and absent minded and somewhat lacking enthusiasm.
But I am getting there! My batteries seem a little bit more charged this evening so I am attempting this update.

The day before my exam...
I was delighted to hear that my friend's tests came back all clear. I am pretty sure my friends and family will be the ones responsible for the amount of grey hair covering my head. Lucky for them they are rather special so will have to be forgiven!

Talking about family...
It's not long until my holiday and I absolutely can't wait to see my family. We're all off to spend 5 days at the FEI World Cup Final in Eventing in Strzegom, Poland. 23 days to go. Roll on the 19th of August.
My darling Mum has recently received her Level 1 Certificate in Reflexology (she runs a small company together with my Dad but was always into alternative medicine and now decided she wanted to become a Reflexologist as well). I am very proud and happy for her even though she will probably want to test her new skills on me!

The Equestrian Academy project...
is what I am spending my evenings on at the moment. Lots of browsing, searching for ideas and ways to make it all work, designing the ins and outs and gathering information
for a business plan etc etc I have to have as much details in writing ready before the 10th of August as that's when I will meet with someone who will very likely be joining me and sharing the Academy teaching. She's a fab, if rather demanding dressage trainer and I think she would bring a wealth of experience and skill into the project. She used to teach me a bit on Hamlet and I am going for a lesson again soon.
I'm hoping we can set off with the Academy by the end of September but there is a hell of a lot still to organise.

I would like to thank ever so much to everyone who took the time to read the earliest brief for the whole project, who have passed on their feedback, ideas and support. It's been a massive food for thought. You all know who you are, big thank you. Keep the ideas coming x

When it comes to life...
it will be all thanks to You :) Without the riders who want to do more than just travel in the saddle there would never be anything.

I am being promised...
a super website for the Academy. It will be designed by my favourite designer, who has just brought me a delicious coffee and toast, so it is bound to be rather exciting. It will hopefully help us to market the whole idea, make it well known as well as provide all the needed information in one place.

Booked...
a friend of mine, Tomasz, for the many Photo sessions that will be done to illustrate that site. All of my riders: be prepared to be asked (only one answer will be considered valid, guess which one) to feature on the site. Check out Tomasz's website: http://zdankowski.com/. Back in 2006 he took most of the photos that went on my own site so we should be able to build up on experiences from then.

Work...
I'm doing 6 days a week now, leaving home at 8am and coming back at 8pm (if I'm lucky and trains run on time, or 10pm if it's my late evening teaching day). Have some Training Days coming up which I need to plan schedules for in the next few days. I am also taking some additional hours to help with the running of Pony Days in London.


The Young Instructor Of The Year 2009...
is yet another little thing I want to do this year. My plan for tomorrow is to fill in the application form and get it ready to be sent off. The selection day for the South East region will be held at Hadlow College in Kent in September.

So as you see...
it's always rather busy over here. I don't do doing nothing very well. Don't get me wrong. I do rest...sometimes;) One day I might even go for a beach holiday, read a book, sip Pimms while leisuring in one of those soft, white mattress covered deck chairs, watch the waves playing sculpting games with golden sand. One day, when I feel like I really truly deserved a rest. Not yet.

Pic.: 'You done yet? Got any mints there?'...All the pictures in this post are from today. From top: morning lesson, my little armchair/coffee shop and schooling one of the horses at the end of the day.

Share:

4 comments

Anonymous said...

Busy indeed! I remember that completely boneless feeling that would come over me after exams (in school) or after completing a big, high-stress project at work - try to get some rest if you can!

S. Lauren said...

I think making a website for your academy will be great for you. Whenever I've had to find places to ride, I'd go on the internet and learn about each place as much as I can before contacting and with your friends designing it, I'm sure you could get a lot of attention! Once it's in the works and ready for students, you could post ads in tack stores and pass flyers at shows, word of mouth is great too from your students. I'm really excited for you!

Unknown said...

Thank you S.Lauren :) I am mega excited for the project too, can't wait to get it up and running. Have to make sure everything is well organised first though so we shall have to wait.
:)

Unknown said...

Kate - must be adrenaline that keeps us going and once it's all over, the true effect hits.
But yes, I am doing my best resting today, even had a midday nap! Spoilt rotten ;)

© Riding Instructor's Diary | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig