Tuesday 28 July 2009

Time to think

I like my little breaks in between my lessons. They are the windows I look out from to see what's happening, to think what I can do better, what was bad and needs improving. Self-reflection it's called in coaching. For me it is simply the time to think.
Even if it's just 30 minutes every few hours.
Spent a lot of those hours recently speaking loud due to the wind and today's Pony Day lessons seemed to have finished off my voice. If I had any good ear and could keep a decent tune I swear I could record some million dollar husky whisper song with my voice now ;)
Hope it gets better by tomorrow.

A lovely rider I taught at my exam on Wed emailed me to enquire about 4 days training with me. We only had half an hour at my exam but they improved immensly so I am looking forward to seeing them again :)
Still no exam results from BHS.


Share:

3 comments

Anonymous said...

How nice that someone in your test wants to take a lesson - that's very encouraging!

English Rider said...

Lots of riders wear "blue-tooth" ear pieces now. Trainers don't even have to be close to the arena to be heard.

Unknown said...

Kate - I know, I'm really pleased and even if the examiners didn't like my teaching at least the rider and the horse definitely did! :)
Still no results in the post today :(

English Rider - now, that's a good idea. I have seen it being used but not sure if I can budget it at the moment. Note to self to investigate this though. Many thanks!

© Riding Instructor's Diary | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig