Tuesday 28 April 2015

Day 117 & 118: Sensation seeking

Possibly one of the greatest quotes I have had pleasure reading! 

I am having a rather easy week travelling wise with all work close by and my regular "further away" clients being, well, away ;) I'd been using a surplus of time to catch up with my writing, put together some posts for Aspire blog as well as sit down and organise a few clinic dates later this year. The first one I wanted to sort out is a summer clinic in Poland at Stajnia Sabat which is now provisionally scheduled for the end of June so at least one date is done.

By the way, have you ever heard of Sensation Seeking?

According to Wikipedia...."Sensation seeking is a personality trait defined by the search for experiences and feelings, that are "varied, novel, complex and intense", and by the readiness to "take physical, social, legal, and financial risks for the sake of such experiences."[1] Risk is not an essential part of the trait, as many activities associated with it are not risky. However, risk may be ignored, tolerated, or minimised and may even be considered to add to the excitement of the activity.[1] The concept was developed by Marvin Zuckerman[...]"

I have a feeling I might have traces of that personality ;) Damn them - the mysterious them - labelling everything and everyone. There is an online test you can take to check how 'sensation seeking' you are. Mine was pretty conclusive I must admit.
I wonder how many sensation seeking bloggers are out there? Could writing be classified as adding to the varied and complex experiences? I think it might do...depending what you write...

I must stop rambling.
Speak tomorrow.
Wx

P.S. Listening to this song on repeat  - love it :)

Share:

No comments

© Riding Instructor's Diary | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig