Tuesday 12 August 2008

Stage III Exam - Report

Yesterday.

I arrived at Trent Park at 8.15 for 8.30 briefing only to find out that we supposed to have had walked both show jumping and xc courses before briefing! Ran to walk the courses; thought the SJ was up to hight with BSJA distances in a quite a narrow arena. In fairness the jumps were only 1m high (3'3) but as I barely jump now they seemed quite imposing. Lost of fillers, style, two angled approaches, planks, red wall. Looked good.
I was so stupidly nervous at first that rode my both flatwork horses like a numpty! However, another rider told me it looked great so I don't know whether it was simply one of those moments when everything feels much worse than it looks.
Then onto the jumping and I had a fab round on a little dark bay mare. I hope they won't fail me for going fast though ;) I felt her stride wasn't up to the job in her own little rhythm she preferred so pushed her into a more forward canter. It seemed to have worked as we had a great stride to all the fences (apart from one to which she got a bit close but not too bad).
XC - smaller than Intro, more like a schooling round and the grey horse I rode loved it!

Theory went well, I feel. Practical theory not too bad either. I even managed not to get entangled into all the double bridle straps ;)

I really, really hope I passed. My only worry is the flatwork section as I feel I let myself down on it. We have to wait 2 weeks for results now.
Share:

No comments

© Riding Instructor's Diary | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig