Thursday 4 September 2008

Project horse for the winter

I've been looking here and there for an inexpensive project horse to bring on over the winter and sell on in the summer next year without realising I might have found one just under my very nose.
The horse in question is stabled at one of the stables I work at and I've been working with him for the last few weeks. He has contact and straightness issues alongside being very green schooling wise, having rider trust issues etc. He has fantastic temperament though and is a very sweet horse to deal with. If he improves as he does at the moment I will see if things can be moved forwards...

We had a little breakthrough today when he stopped hiding behind the bit and took much better contact in side-reins. Miles from good still but here's a short video of some better moments:

Share:

1 comment

Katie twinkles said...

Hiya, I have had you on my blog roll for ages as I love horses but have not ridden for a couple of years and then only on my friends part broken horse who was very naughty.
I really long to own a horse. I worked in riding school then livery yard during my teens/ early twenties and am largely self-taught. I think I have had two dressage lessons ever! (One french one though-very elegant)
At forty four years young I long to be back with horses but unsure where to start. Do mature stable girls exist?!

© Riding Instructor's Diary | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig