Wednesday 24 September 2008

Staff Training and learning process

One of my tasks at work is to watch upon staff training and prepare students for BHS exams - one of the girls today, who is working on her jumping following failing this element at her Stage II, insisted on landing half way up the horse's neck when the horse put the brakes on. See, you can tell someone over and over that they need to sit deep, keep both seat bones in the saddle, keep shoulders back, keep legs closed around the horse and ride it from back to front but until someone ends up with horse's head in between their legs with reins wrapped around horse's ears they just keep leaning forwards.
She jumped beautifully afterwards. Sat up too ;)
Share:

2 comments

Original L said...

It's been a while since I was here, so I'll need to catch up. Just stopping by to let you know I gave you an award - stop by my blog to pick it up!

Unknown said...

Thank you!! I shall stroll over to yours to pick it up :)

© Riding Instructor's Diary | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig