Thursday 12 March 2009

On Focus and Psychic powers

For the first time in several weeks our staff trainer actually didn't pick on me so I could just relax into my new challenge of schooling with a plan ;) 
Rode this warmblood mare that is a pleasant animal to work with and I do enjoy riding her but she can be a right strop at times. She'd already been ridden early in the morning by a person who loans her so she wasn't that keen on second effort. 
The biggest problem with this madam is lack of submission and her amazing ability to drop her entire weight onto her shoulders. She loves her long and low work but try to pick her up and she might show you who's a little stronger ;) 
I rode her a lot in sitting trot through lots and lots of transitions and I tried my best to make sure I did everything equally on both reins (as I sometimes ride too long on a better rein and stay there like on a cloud nine silly me!), made sure I kept asking for lots and lots of different things to keep her brain busy and finally we got some nice uphill moments but she's hard work in general. However, once you get her on your side she can give you a Ferrari ride. 
.................................
I came to the conclusion that if it was somehow possible to acquire psychic powers I would like them to allow me to read in people's minds ;) I find it quite fascinating how inaccurate our perception of people can be and think it would make life so much easier to know what exactly and truly is going on in other's heads! 
Oh well, for now I will just have to follow the best advice there is (Descartes):  “To know what people really think, pay regard to what they do, rather than what they say.”
Share:

2 comments

Leah said...

Very wise quote - probably explains why human/horsey relationships are so constant and steady ;)

Unknown said...

You know, that is very true, in a way horses are so much more predictable than people...

© Riding Instructor's Diary | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig