Monday 9 March 2009

On the move

Pic.: Wokingham town centre some time ago..;)

All the food I consumed today obediently stayed in my stomach which is a bonus. Another is having quite a productive day off if I say so myself ;)
Having spent some time exploring the areas to move to we are currently settled on Wokingham, Berkshire. It seems to have a nice town centre, good railway connection with London and some of the houses are very much likable. 
If all goes to plan we shall have a look at some more properties next Monday. In a way I can't wait to move but all this house searching and organising the whole moving process is a pain in the a***e. 
Share:

2 comments

teacakebiscuit said...

Oooh, congrats! Wokingham is LOVELY! Just a word on the trains though- I used to commute that line and it wasn't nice...very slow and unreliable. The Paddington line is much better. However I commuted *several* years back so it may have improved a lot by now. Probably worth asking about though just to be sure.

If you want somewhere on the Paddington lines, any of the little towns outside Reading are nice too. Pangbourne is very lovely, and only two stops away from Reading to catch the fast train to London. Plus it's only 30 minutes from Oxford too and on the borders of southern Oxfordshire which is beauuuuuuuutiful!

Unknown said...

Hello you!! I tested the line and it seems ok now, but I guess you never know until you start commuting more often. The other good thing is that it has very frequent connection to Reading which then has fast lines to Paddington so hopefully that would be enough for my dear Mr :)

I will look into Pangbourne too.
Thank you!

© Riding Instructor's Diary | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig