Friday 22 August 2008

Intermediate Teaching Test - should I?

It was brought to my attention yesterday that I don't actually need my Stage IV to be able to take the Intermediate Teaching (IT) Test exam. In this case I am now considering taking both the IT Test and Stage IV Horse Knowledge & Care this year.
The IT Test syllabus doesn't have any teaching elements that I haven't done so far. The Test requires candidates to give:

Dressage Lesson
Jump Lesson
Class Lesson
Lunge Lesson
Lecture

And to discuss:

Equitation Theory
Business and Yard Management

I would definitely need to read up on the elements in Business & Yard Management section.
The decision needs to be made quickly as the dates fill up really quickly and the bookings have to be made at least a couple of months in advance. I am thinking of either October date at Trent Park or November at Warwickshire College.
Now I just need to budget myself and see if it is doable.
Share:

No comments

© Riding Instructor's Diary | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig