Saturday 8 August 2009

Life is like a trumpet...

Pic.above: The result of today's make over I gave to one of the horses. Bushy mane pulling, tail trimming, whiskers off (yard's way of turning out), ears trimming, lots of washing liquid, face wash, Johnson's baby oil-ed muzzle & nostrils (he loved that!), feet scrubbed and washed, hooves oiled (black on fore hooves, natural on hinds') and a thorough groom. After all this I thought he deserved a photo :)
I did have help with this but we ended up having hose fight and our turn out could be summarised: soggy and well foamed!
.................................................
Life is like a trumpet - if you don't put anything into it, you don't get anything out of it.
William Christopher Handy
.................................................
Lovely, sunny day with some really nice clients. It was rather quiet what with people going away on holidays but that let us catch up with a lot of yard work and making the horses look all fantastic.
It's the part of horse ownership I really miss - playing around with massive sponges and trimmers and grooming kits. I don't miss 5am starts, mucking out and late winter nights doing evening chores though ;)

Right, I have to polish off the Academy info for the meeting on Monday! Thinking, thinking, thinking.
I am also going to have a lesson on Hamlet, can't wait! It will be me sweating and working hard for a change which my riders might be pleased to hear ;)

But first, full day teaching tomorrow.
Share:

3 comments

Anonymous said...

He does look glorious - and you're right, that's one of the most fun parts of horse ownership!

S. Lauren said...

Very beautiful horse!!!

Unknown said...

He is a poser ;)

© Riding Instructor's Diary | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig