Friday 2 January 2009

Onwards and upwards

The good thing about a new year is that we get the feeling of a new start (however elusive it might be) and whether we want it or not there seem to be some good energy about it. I certainly do want it!
The day courses are booking in nicely and I am very much looking forward to running them. It is always great to have people in for longer than just an hour, let them submerge in the whole learning environment, live and breathe horses for a day. It's amazing how much progress you can make by taking part in properly structured training day and I get a lot of satisfaction out of every bit of planning those days and seeing people's eureka moments by the end of them.
And it's a lot of fun too.

A huge thank you to Candace (did I mention all my great friends seem to live way too far???!!!) for a super Xmas gift - I picked it up this morning from a post office. You are a star C. and I think it's about time you came back on the island!!

The gift is a calendar with various exercises designed by variety of dressage trainers. If you want to have a closer look click this link.

Let me tell you a little secret but don't shout and keep your fingers tightly crossed, touch all the wooden stuff around and keep quiet for now: Hamlet has started walking out and he seems sound so far...I love this little horse and hope to be able to ride him again, even if just for a little hack.

What else...I seem to be playing devil's advocate encouraging my lovely friend to go for something that will make her move miles away and that is exactly opposite to what I would wish. However, we all have to chase those chances...
Share:

No comments

© Riding Instructor's Diary | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig