Tuesday 30 June 2009

I could say it was a hard work in this heat but...

What are you doing woman???!!!

Gimme that hose right now!!

...in fact I had the easiest day since I remember! The 32C in London, apparently higher than in tropical Bangkok, caused plenty of on-the-day cancellations from riders to be. It is set to be even hotter tomorrow with heatwave warnings, hmm: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/8122969.stm

As a result I only taught a few lessons today which was just as well as the horses were so hot that even walking made them sweat. Gave some of them a nice hose down but not all appreciated it, naughty creatures ;)
In summary, my day consisted of eating ice creams, drinking gallons of liquids, reading up to exam in between cold water face splashes and chatting horses. It was still super hot at 7.30pm but seeing how little time I now have to ride I grabbed a chance to school one of the ponies. 
Trying to cool down now indulging in strawberries and cream :)

Share:

No comments

© Riding Instructor's Diary | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig