Thursday 19 February 2009

Oops, almost forgot about this Blogging Award

I was presented with the Friendship Award by Mikael at Rising Rainbow Arabian Horses and it's indeed very much appreciated :)

The award description:
"These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award."

Hmm, I will have to think who to send it to as 1) I am not sure if I even read 8 blogs regularly! 2) even if I do read them I rarely leave comments so not many people actually know of me...

For now this Award goes to:

Suzie at Diary of a Young Horse

and

Beckz at I Will Jump Sweet Jumps

and

Daun at Eventing Percheron
...................................................................................

This Award made me think about something: how in English language a word 'friendship' seems to apply to such variety of interactions between people. You rarely hear people saying 'had a nice time with this 'acquaintance' of mine', we all call everyone friends regardless whether they actually give any damn about us or not.
In Polish language there are a few words for a friend (a casual acquaintance sort of friend) and only one word for a Friend (someone who is way more than the aforementioned acquaintance) and you don't mix and match...

I have come and keep coming across some really great people but if I have learned anything from life the hard way it would be to never do that mix and match...
Share:

2 comments

Suzie said...

Thank you Wiola! I will post this soon. I really appreiciate it - it's funny how you feel like you get to know someone through blogging. I never imagined I would have people that I referred to as 'blogging friends'!

Unknown said...

You are very welcome Suzie, it's a great pleasure to read about your adventures with Echo :)

© Riding Instructor's Diary | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig