Friday 23 November 2007

On and off

On and off is how I feel at the moment which I guess is because some sort of mild cold thing is trying to get me down.
If I am not too well in the morning I am going to spend half a day in bed and hopefully that will help - nothing works better for me than a good rest.
Hamlet went beautifully yesterday (and there was no rain!), I was so pleased with him. I am still trying to ride him in a longer frame for the first half of the session, then a little stronger and only pick him up properly for the last 15 minutes or so. It worked really well yesterday and he actually felt very good on the outside rein. I could leave my hands in front of me and he really took the contact. The right shoulder-in was rather laboured and he tends to turn his neck only to start with which is something I need to work on with myself first. Our left shoulder-in was pretty good if I can say so myself ;)
The canter was also good, not very good, not as good as I would like, but still better than the last time. Our canter-trot transitions are quite atrocious though.
We have a Prelim 17 outing planned for the 1st of December at Oldencraig. That gives us a few more days of getting to know each other and will see how it goes on the day of the test.
Share:

No comments

© Riding Instructor's Diary | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig