Thursday 28 May 2009

Was reading this week's Horse & Hound and came across...

...an article "Hunting in Ireland: Great fun, or the greatest terror?" by Liam Clancy. I kept reading thinking, wait a minute, he sounds familiar...and then my brain clicked. My first job in the UK in 2003/2004 was an instructor/groom job at the same riding centre in Surrey where Liam was a senior instructor. 
I always thought he was a very good rider and now I know why - those ditches and banks they are jumping out there hunting are absolutely humongous!! It must take a fair amount of stickability to stay on while your horse negotiate the Tipperary county!

Tried a horse today with a view to buy, he's a TB youngster; gave me a nice feel both times I rode him. We shall see.  
Share:

2 comments

Unknown said...

Hi Wiola! Speaking of humongous ditches et al have you seen this fabulous video of horse saving riders butt?? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJd-U8w_6bw
Slo-Mo is really good!

Unknown said...

Will have a look :)

© Riding Instructor's Diary | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig