Wednesday 15 July 2009

A happy kind of day

I had the weirdest of dreams last night which I just can't recall any of apart from waking up thinking, deary me, brain can come up with quite ridiculous plots! Anyway, the ridicule creativity of my brain cells at night had actually nothing to do with a very happy reality today.
Had some really good clients to teach as well as putting S. through her paces on the lunge. S. is training towards her Stage 3 which she is taking next week.

Me: Right, we're going to correct that crooked seat of yours. Have you ever broken your spine (cue me joking!)
S.: Yes.
Me: Ermmm, oookkk, have you ever broken your legs (again me joking!) ?
S: just the left one...
Me: oki doki, let's lift your arms up and stretch up a bit, you haven't broken your arms have you?
S: just one...

And breathe....;)
S. is actually lots of fun to work with. She probably swore at me during the lesson but was rather pleased with results afterwards.

The afternoon with our international students was a game of patience and language guess work as their English fluctuates between none at all through some basic understanding to fairly good grasp of. It's a tricky act to keep control of them on the ground but the "fun" starts when we put them on horses...
One especially cracks me up. Every time she comes she says: "Can I have faster one today?". I gave her a really nice pony today but it can be a bit behind the leg so I changed it for a up-for-it TB mare and she says: "I see this one last lesson, it is not fast". 199, 198, 197, 196 - and counting. Finally I say: "Honey we are not a racing stable, none of these horses are fast...you are riding a lovely pony today, ok?" 195, 194, 193...

Work over I finally got to see my lovely friend for a bit of catching up with lives' whereabouts, a bit of stuffing stomachs with some food, a bit of laughter, playing with her puppy and a bit of driving around. It makes me sad to think people I love seeing the most I actually barely get to see. Fingers crossed the end of this week brings only good news for you my dear.

Pic. Dash the puppy.

You can't buy loyalty, they say
I bought it though, the other day;
You can't buy friendship, tried and true,
But just the same, I bought that too.

I made my bid, and on the spot
Bought love and faith and a whole job lot
Of happiness, so all in all
The purchase price was pretty small

I bought a single trusting heart,
That gave devotion from the start
If you think these things are not for sale,
Buy a brown-eyed puppy with a wagging tail.

Author Unknown

Share:

2 comments

gina said...

Always interesting when you find out that a riding issue may have a deeper cause then a muscle imbalance or something similar. I always wonder why riding student don't tell their instructors these important things.

Unknown said...

True. Very true.

© Riding Instructor's Diary | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig