Friday 10 April 2009

Sleep medicine


A friend is that one word "hello" over the phone that can make you feel better than 10 minutes of conversation with anyone else. 

The source unknown but whoever said it was very right...

***********

My centre ran a Good Friday show-jumping show today so I had no riders for Training Day. All back to normal next week and I had some new people booking in earlier in the week who got my details from a friend of a friend which is always good. Never enough committed riders although I am running out of available dates. Almost everything in April and May is already taken.

So - I slept most of the day!! Then watched 6 episodes of 'Breaking Bad with Ricky eating some very nice couscous chicken salad and a very not-nice(!) garlic bread which looked tasty but was everything but.
Breaking Bad follows protagonist Walter White (Bryan Cranston), a chemistry teacher who lives in New Mexico with his wife (Anna Gunn) and teenage son (RJ Mitte) who has cerebral palsy. White is diagnosed with Stage III cancer and given a prognosis of two years left to live. With a new sense of fearlessness based on his medical prognosis, and a desire to secure his family's financial security, White chooses to enter a dangerous world of drugs and crime and ascends to power in this world. The series explores how a fatal diagnosis such as White's releases a typical man from the daily concerns and constraints of normal society and follows his transformation from mild family man to a kingpin of the drug trade.) 

Sleeping all day is rather crazy I know but I think my brain was just overloaded with various things needing sorting out and I simply just gave up and let it rest. I wish life wasn't one damned thing after another sometimes and a little bit of peace of mind would be great. I am looking forward to my energy levels going back up again.

EasyJet suddenly cancelled the flight I got tickets for (to go to FEI World Cup Eventing Final) so I re-booked the tickets with Rynair and the flight is now to the city where my parents live so they are rather happy (I usually fly to Warsaw and they have to fetch me from there; that's a 2.5h drive to be skipped). I really can't wait to see them. My super friend is going with me and hope she'll enjoy good old Polish hospitality.  




Share:

No comments

© Riding Instructor's Diary | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig